Thursday, February 24, 2011

{Happy Birthday to Luke}

I can't believe Luke is one today! I just looked at the clock and in one minute this time (3:37 pm) last year Luke entered the world and changed our lives forever. This last year has been one that I will never forget. I have never in my life got as little sleep as I did this past year, but I have never experienced love like this before. I know it sounds corny, but it is the truth. Luke was the best thing that Chat and I ever did and we are so happy that we are celebrating his first full year with us!

In other news, Luke's fever is going down. We had a rough night with him having fever around 102.5+, but by the morning it was down to 102 and then around noon it was down around 101. He is making huge strides!! I am hoping he will be fever free by tomorrow and that we can continue with his party plans for Saturday. But most importantly, Luke is back. He is toddling around, playing and showing us that he feels better. He still has his moments of pitifulness, but when I saw him smile at us today, I knew he was on the road to recovery!

He ate breakfast well so we decided we had to run to Avalon Diner for a special (late) birthday lunch. We made sure that Tylenol was working, that he felt good and that the lunch crowd was gone. This is the same diner that Chat went to on his first birthday and those to follow. It was tradition...so we had to go! And Luke loved it....especially his very special birthday strawberry milkshake!



1 comment:

AP said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!! I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by!!
Glad Luke is feeling better- poor thing, and I'm sure that makes momma feel better too!!