Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{Away At The Bay: 2012}

We went away with my family to our bay house the past few days!  It was wonderful to get away and we also celebrated my birthday.  We went here last year too -- it is crazy how much changes in just a year.  Last year, Luke was only 16 months and Ben was just the size of a pea growing inside me. 

This year was a blast, although a bit crazier now that we have three kiddos running and bouncing around.  I think the hardest part was coordinating naps since someone was always sleeping.  They of course never slept at the same time and keeping the house quiet enough was a challenge.  But we powered through and had fun, cooked a ton of good food and laughed a bunch.  Luke's big take away from the weekend -- how to play 'hide and seek'.  He loves it! 

I have lots to catch up on so I leave you with some pictures...

Grandad and Ben swinging away downstairs under the house

A close-up of Ben

Molly practicing her crawling.  She is almost there!

Chat and Luke cruisin' on the golf cart

Luke, Ben and Grandad at the Beach

Uncle David and Sissy walking with Molly and Luke.  Luke looooooves his aunt and uncle!

Molly and Ben putting their feet in the water for the first time

  Which means the two of them needed a bath to wash off all that sand!

We had a little luau for my birthday celebration.  Here are the boys in their Hawaiian shirts.

 Luke decided he needed to wear all the leis! 

We had a wonderful time!  Now its back to the real world.  Chat is in Boston/New York till Friday and I am busy doing laundry and other very glamorous things.  Can't wait till he is home!

1 comment:

Kismet21 said...

I love all of this! So fun!